[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug remote callback

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:16:47 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Brian Shire wrote:

> I believe there was a post on this already, but I'm unable to find it in the
> archives. I currently use a patched version of xdebug that allows me to
> configure it to automatically connect to the client initiating the connection.
> This is useful in a closed development environment with multiple developers
> using the same server. I believe there where some security concerns about
> implementing this, but I wanted to check and see if perhaps this is a patch
> that you would want to consider integrating into the code base (albeit
> disabled by default).

There is already a method in the protocol that facilitates functionality
like this: the DBGp proxy. Because if that I don't think I'd want to add
code that circumvents this.

Here is some information on how to get Komodo going with it:

http://blogs.activestate.com/jeffg/2006/08/howto_set_up_ko.html

you can also download the proxy, which is located in the python remote
debugging package on:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/RemoteDebugging

I am also wondering as to which client you are using to debug with
Xdebug. Could you enlighten me on that?