[xdebug-general] Re: wanting to get extra Super global information

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:02:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Dave Kelsey wrote:

> [snip]
> So I need to specify -d as the value of the current stack depth that
> the script is currently at (irrespective of that stack depth I am
> actually interested in for the other variables) so if I have a total
> stack depth of 4, I would need to invoke the command "property_get -i
> 224 -n $_SERVER -d 3 -m 32 -p 1"
>
> I was hoping that I could do a property_get on $_SERVER and specify
> any stack depth or no stack depth at all as I thought superglobals
> aren't really related to any stack depth.

Well, you want to request something from the super globals context, but
you're not specifying that in your property_get command. If you use the
following it works:

property_get -i 225 -n $_SERVER -c 1 -p 1

Also beware that -m does not mean the number of elements, but the
"max_data_size" - the maximum length of a string that is returned.

See also:
http://xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php#property-get-property-set-property-value

> Does this constitute a bug in XDebug 2.0.0rc1 ?

I only tested this with the latest CVS version, however I don't think
anything changed since rc1 here.