[xdebug-general] Re: XDebug Segfault Capabilities

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:23:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Erik Osterman wrote:

> Can XDebug correlate lines of php code to a segfault much like gdb with C
> code? Or is it only useful for tracking down exceptions and errors not related
> to segfaults? The latter being my expectation.

What you can try is a tracefile with parameters and return values. The
tracefile aborts as soon as PHP segfaults. Then you can have a look at
the tracefile to see where exactly something crashed. However, in order
to find the real cause (PHP shouldn't segfault) you'd need extensive
knowlegde of PHP internals. However, if you get a segfault due to
infinite recursion Xdebug will warn you and abort the script at some
point.