[xdebug-general] Re: stderr call

From: Hando Tint <hando[@]vihmapuu.ee>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:49:25 +0300

Ok, filed a bug report, but I cannot really find in the DGBP
documentation a clear explenation what features there are to handle errors.
And since this is the General list, maybe it would do good if there is a
small explenation for people who want to put error catching to their
small editors (like I did, because I hate reading the xml directly).

Suppose you want to catch

a) Parse errors (I doubt if it is possible)
b) Fatal errors like asking for a procedure of a nil pointer (or whatever)

So if one of these things is possible then what should start happening?

Me: stderr -i -1 -c 2
XDebug: ??? (could not find the XML syntax for "standard error or output
packages")

I suspect I might be in a really wrong track because in the xdebug code
I just see

DBGP_FUNC(stderr)
{
    xdebug_xml_add_attribute(*retval, "success", "0");
}

Thanks,
Hando Tint