[xdebug-general] Re: $this construct crashes the debugger

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:49:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Hando Tint wrote:

> So to reproduce this:
>
> 1) create any kind of script for example
> <?
> phpinfo();
> ?>
> 2) set a breakpoint to the first line
> 3) ask: property_get -n $this->bla -i 1
> 4) BANG
>
> I'm not even sure if this is a bug, I could not really find in documentation
> which part of error checking should the IDE do. For me it was enough that
> before asking for $this (or any object for that matter) I first
> ask for itself (property_get -n $this -i 1) and if I get a non-empty answer
> only after then I ask for properties.
>
> If you still cannot reproduce it, then it is probably just me :).

I've good news and bad news :)

The good news is that I can reproduce it and that I know exactly where
the problem is. The bad news is that fixing this is not very easy and
would probably mean that i've remove some code. Noe, fortunately I think
that this code is not really useful anymore and doesn't serve any
purpose but it'd require quite a bit of testing.

I committed the patch, and that should make it in the releases at
http://pecl4win.php.net/ext.php/php_xdebug.dll soon. Grab a .dll dated
atleast on May 16th and it should work (fingers crossed).

> Thank you

No, thank *you* for the CD, DVD and books. I really apreciate this!