[xdebug-general] Re: WinCacheGrind help

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:52:23 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Jay Puddy wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I dowloaded WinCacheGRind to use with Xdebug but am having trouble in
> working out what some of the headings means.
>
> I think I understand what the Self heading stands for - how long that
> individual function took in ms
>
> But what is the Cum column indicating?
>
> Is there any help manual, or documentation to interprete the results?

I am not sure about WiNCacheGrind... I didn't write that and I've no
idea what kind of interface it has. If they implemented it in the same
way as KCacheGrind, the cummulative column shows the time spend in a
specific function *including* calls to functions from within that
function. "self" only shows the time spend in a function *without* time
spend in child functions.