[xdebug-general] Re: Windows XP Installation Question

From: Phil Duffy <phil[@]bearingasset.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:04:37 -0400

Derick,

I appreciate the opportunity to download the binary (.dll version) copy of
Xdebug. The current installation instructions indicate that an equivalent
to the following should be added to php.ini (changing the path and filename
to the correct one):

zend_extension_ts="c:/php/modules/xdebug-4.3-1.3.1.dll"

My extension directory is c:\apachefriends\xampp\xampp\php\ext so I placed
the following line in php.ini:

Zend_extension_ts="c:\apachefriends\xampp\xampp\php\ext\xdebug.dll"

and checked to be sure that xdebug.dll was in the correct directory.

I didn't understand your instruction from a prior e-mail concerning the
addition of the XDEBUG_SESSION_START as a request variable to the script, so
I followed David Sklar's Essential PHP Tools, Page 276 example suggesting
that bracketing my script in xdebug_start_trace() and
xdebug_dump_function_trace() statements would produce the output on Page
277. The functions, however, were undefined.

I was also confused by your statement "Then you start debugging by starting
your client (like you did)". I had de-installed debugclient-0.9.0.exe when
you mentioned that I had downloaded the wrong software.

What steps do I need to take at this point?

Phil