[xdebug-general] Re: Re[2]: xdebug colors

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:14:42 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, techtonik wrote:

> ||*()*|| [\..konnichi wa, ogenki desu ka, Derick../]
>
> >> Here just to say, that 1.3.1 xdebug style for error reporting was
> >> very elegant in comparison with latest 2.x.x series.
> DR> I am not sure what you mean, I didn't change any colours as far as I
> DR> know. Can you clarify yourself a bit?
>
> Hmm.. On windows I'm getting two different palettes for each version.
> see. attach

Ah right... but I like the new style better :) I can attach some CSS
classes to the different things though.

> BTW, is it possible to make profiling in 2.x.x to be turnable via
> some PHP xdebug_start_profiling($path) function instead of php.ini?

no, this is not possible, as this will make it so that the main script
body is not profiled correctly.

> It is very convenient to have profiling information generated only for
> special files instead of for all website. Also I haven't found any tool
> to process cachegrind files on windows. =( Can there be an option to
> turn cachegrind style on/off?

There is only one style of profile files in Xdebug 2, but I do think I
can make it so that it only generates profiling info if you use a
special get parameter, similar to starting the debugger. For Windows...
I don't know really about that, though there is a ct_annotate perl
script
(http://xdebug.org/archives/xdebug-general/att-0219/01-ct_annotate).