[xdebug-general] Debugging Eval'd statements

From: David Ashwood <david[@]inspiredthinking.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:05:02 +0100

Morning all.

Somebody was asking a question on the Zend website about debugging eval'd
code and I was wondering if it's possible with xDebug to debug/step through
eval'd code.

I didn't think it would be possible - eval being, in essence, an inline code
fragment and the eval statement being an internal function and all - but I
thought it worth asking here.

It's an interesting problem . I occasionally use eval() when I have short
dynamic fragments of code - it's useful when you require a more flexible
mechanism in systems that require a dynamic trigger.

Regards,

David