[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug: thanks, offline doc, visualization for win32

From: dAniel hAhler <genml[@]thequod.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:43:04 +0100

Hello xdebug-general,

on Sun, 14. Nov 2004 at 18:14:51 +0100 Derick Rethans wrote:

>> I tried xdebug 2.0.0beta1 at work, but could not get it to connect to
>> the debug client.. xdebug 1.3.2 worked (with client 0.7).
> You need debugclient 0.8 and make sure you configure the correct port!

I've used the default port in php.ini - also commented out.

> Also, read the instructions here: http://xdebug.org/docs-debugger.php

Will take a look again, but for the moment I stick with xdebug 1.3,
because I love the ability to dump the function or profiling trace into
the page and version 2 beta 1 does not seem to provide this.

Done: http://bugs.xdebug.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000104

> This is already online, see the link "Download documentation" at
> http://xdebug.org/docs.php

Great, have not seen this..

>> And: do you know of a win32 visualization tool for the cachegrind-data?
>> Might I be able to run KCachegrind in my cygwin environment?
> If you run X and KDE on cygwin too, then KCachegrind will work fine. I
> am not aware of any other visualization tools yet.

It's a pity that there is no win32 tool to visualize the profiling data.
I've taken a quick look at the kde-cygwin project, but due to the lack
of bandwidth at home have not downloaded anything yet.
Probably I'll use a XServer for this at work.

--
shinE!
GnuPG/PGP key: http://thequod.de/danielhahler.asc