[xdebug-general] DBGp protocol

From: Brian Burns <brian_p_burns[@]charter.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:02:08 -0400

Hi,

I've downloaded and compiled xdebug2.0.0beta1 with PHP5. It's installed
and seems to be working. Now I'm trying to learn the DBGp protocol.
I'm using the command based dbgclient to send commands to the debugger.

I have a very simple test case I'm working with.

<?php
echo 'happy';
echo 'slappy';
echo 'crappy';
?>

1. start the dbgclient

2. invoke the debugger via a web browser http://localhost/test.php?
XDEBUG_SESSION_START

3. my client recieves and init packet.

4. I set a point a break point, breakpoint_set -i 1 -t line -f test.php
-n 1

5. I get a response back saying the breakpoint has been set and I get an
id in return. breakpoint_list displays the break point.

6. I continue execution. run -i 2

7. At this point the interpreter finishes executing the file and the
page is displayed. For some reason it blew right past the breakpoint ?

Did I use the breakpoint_set command properly? Am I using this
completely the wrong way?

Thanks,
Brian Burns