[xdebug-general] Re: debugging client binaries for Windows

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:01:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Kevin Williams wrote:

> I am wondering if there are builds of the latest client for Windows? I
> am trying PHP for the first time, with PHP 5.0.2 and Apache 2.0.51. I
> can get the DBGp protocol debugging to work in Komodo 3.0.1, but I
> can't get the GDB protocol to work with PHPEclipse.

I don't have a client built yet, but I will try to do that sometime
soon -- although I can not guarantee that it will work as I'm not a
windows users. The GDB protocol should work well, as I know that atleast
the Weaverslave editor is using it without problems.

> I would like to try the XDebug2 client, to help me learn PHP debugging
> in general.

I am not sure how you would do learn about PHP debugging with this
client, as the dbgp protocol is meant to have an IDE interact with
Xdebug (or another debugging engine). Can you clarify?