[xdebug-general] Re: (Hopefully) a simple question about installing Xdebug on Linux - "make" syntax

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:47:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Tama,

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Tama Easton wrote:

> Ah - I have the answer. This is from my error logs:
> PHP Fatal error: [Zend Optimizer] Zend Optimizer 2.5.3 is incompatible
> with Xdebug 1.3.2 in Unknown on line 0
>
> Here are my versions:
> PHP API 20020918
> PHP Extension 20020429
> Zend Extension 20021010
>
> I thought that this was compatible with 1.3.2 so I went and had another
> look.
>
> I found xdebug.so was in /usr/lib/php4 so I re-entered that into php.ini
> - the server restarts and pages load - there's no errors in the log -
> but nothing about xdebug shows up in the PHPInfo:
>
> Any ideas?

Yeah, ZendOptimizer blocks the loading of other Zend Extenions (like
xdebug). You can only get Xdebug working if you disable the Zend
Optimizer. I don't know why the Zend people do this, but it's sure as
hell annoying and not something that I can fix. From you phpinfo() I see
that the Optimizer (and Extension Manager) are still enabled, so you'll
have to disable those first.

PS: Please keep cc-ing the mailinglist.