[xdebug-general] Re: (Hopefully) a simple question about installing Xdebug on Linux - "make" syntax

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:24:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Tama Easton wrote:

> I put the following line in my php.ini file:
> zend_extension=/var/xdebug-1.3.2/modules/xdebug.so
>
> Restart the Apache server and get "no data found" returned from my
> browser. If I remove the line then webpages load OK.

A couple of questions for you:
- Does that happen for all pages that you view, just PHP pages, or a
  specific PHP page?
- If it's a specific PHP page, please check if phpinfo() works normally,
  and if you can provide the PHP script which makes things not work.
- Does anything show up in your apache error log (usually in
  /var/log/apache/error_log)?
- Are you sure "xdebug.so" exists in the directory
  /var/xdebug-1.3.2/modules ? Usually it ends up in a different
  directory after you do "make install" and the module in the source
  directory will not work, only the installed version. THis usually ends
  up in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/somenumber/xdebug.so. If you do
  "make install" it should tell you where it was installed to.
- Which PHP version do you use?