[xdebug-general] Re: Remote debugging

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:20:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Bernhard Fuerst wrote:

> Hi all, I don't get remote debugging working with the latest xdebug-cvs
> code and PHP 5.0.0RC3-dev. My php.ini looks like this:
>
> xdebug.auto_trace = On
> xdebug.collect_params = Off
> xdebug.remote_enable = On
> xdebug.remote_handler = dbgp
> xdebug.remote_host = 127.0.0.1
> xdebug.remote_port = 9000
>
> When running the debugclient it is waiting for debug server to connect.
> Am I missing something like connecting from a PHP script to the
> debugclient?

You'll have to set an environment variable for scripts running from the
command line, something like:

export XDEBUG_CONFIG=commandline_key
php myscript.php

or, from the browser request the URL:
http://example.com/?XDEBUG_START_SESSION=web_key

(the contents of those *_key's are not important).

> BTW: Is any documentation for using the new profiling funtions
> available?

Not yet, I will write those up soon (probably tonight).

Derick