[xdebug-dev] Bug 0000368: Xdebug's debugger bails out on a parse error with the eval command.

From: <noreply[@]lists.xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:36:27 +0200

The following NEW bug has been ADDED.
http://bugs.xdebug.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000368
Reporter: derick
Handler:
Project: Xdebug
Bug ID: 368
Category: Usage problems
Reproducibility: always
Severity: minor
Date Submitted: 2008-04-18 19:36 CEST
Last Modified: 2008-04-18 19:36 CEST
Yesterday someone pointed out an issue with VS.Php and XDebug that I I'm
having an issue figuring out what's wrong. I'm including a log file so you
can take a look at the xdebug communication but it boils down to this:

I put a breakpoint in a static method call like this:

fofo::relocate("few", "324");

VS.Php asks XDebug to evaluate the expression fofo::relocate

XDebug does not like it and responds with:

<response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="
http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" status="stopped" reason="ok"></response>

This basically stops the debugger from this point on. I'm not sure why an
eval call would make xdebug stop debugging.

I also noticed that the response does not include a transaction_id. Is
this acceptable in the protocol? If so, where can I find more info on when
can I expect responses with no transaction_ids.

Any suggestions or advice you could provide me would be greatly
appreciated.

Bug History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-04-18 19:36derick New Bug
2008-04-18 19:36derick Bug Monitored: derick