[xdebug-general] xdebug + operator?

From: Daniel Wilks <dwilks[@]intacct.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:54:20 +0000

Just ran across https://github.com/php/pecl-php-operator and despite Derick’s comment “Operator: Allows for operator overloading, but also demands that you hand over your first-born” I thought I’d give it a go. Compiled and loaded it into PHP 7.2 and… nothing. PHP 7.0 and… nothing. Verified that it was loading and patching all of the opcodes but its handler was never being called. A few hours of grepping through the PHP sources I noticed that xdebug also patches some of the same opcodes as operator. On a lark, disabled xdebug and operator starts working just fine.

I guess Derick meant xdebug is my first-born. I’m not willing to give it up.

Cheers