[xdebug-general] Re: V2.2.3/linux x86 - Compiled and installed, not showing in phpinfo() thru http

From: Wilks, Daniel <dwilks[@]intacct.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 00:58:53 +0000

Port 9000 is what the debug client (eclipse, phpstorm, …) will listen on. When a request comes in to the web server, xdebug will attempt to connect to the debug port (9000) and let the debugger know that a request has started. So you shouldn't see anything listening on port 9000 until you actually start up a debugging session.

Hope that helps,
Dan