[xdebug-general] Re: Xdebug problem

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 12:09:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013, rcgaff[@]comquestcorp.com wrote:

> I am having a very strange problem trying to debug a WordPress installation
> using VS.php and Xdebug. As suggested I copied the output from "php -i" into
> the tool on your website and it said things were installed ok. This is a
> CentOS Server running in a VirtualBox VM on a Windows 7 Pro/64 bit machine.
>

> Here is my problem. When I start the httpd service I am never able to
> connect - I get the following output in xdebug.log:
>

> Log opened at 2013-02-17 21:26:36
>
> I: Connecting to configured address/port: 192.168.56.1:7870.

I'm a bit confused as to why you're using port 7870 (and why you have
configured it that way). I am thinking this is VS's normal debugging
port, but it is most definitely not Xdebug's default.

Especially because of this:

> <- ACK: 450

I am thinking that the 7870 is not a DBGP debugging port, as "ACK" is
not a valid command.

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug