[xdebug-general] max_depth

From: Damjan Cvetko <zobo[@]scene-si.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:07:03 +0200

Hi

I'm implementing a feature in N++ DBGP plugin, to load the context variable
tree and other inspection trees on demand. So each variable that has
children, does not have all loaded, but when user presses the [+], the next
level is loaded from the engine. The max_depth is a bit confusing. If I set
it to 0 and do context_get, I will get a a property element for each entry
in the context. Then if I want to get children from one of those elements, I
will need to do property_get with fullname. However because max_depth is set
to 0, I will get no children.

If I do the same with max_depth 1 I will get 2 levels of property elements
with the initial context_get command (more data than I want).

So if I want to make sure that I transfere as little information as needed,
I would need to set max_depth to 0 before getting context and then set it to
1 when digging down the tree.

Is there any way arround this? Seems a bit of overheat to be sending these
extra commands all the time.

Best regards,

-Zobo