[xdebug-general] Re: excluding code or variables possible?

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:14:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Werner Flamme wrote:

> In this environment it would be nice, if xdebug would not look at some
> functions and at some variables, because - if it does - every
> developer can see the secret passwords for the databese connections...
>
> Is there any possibility to tell xdebug *not* to show (or analyse) the
> content of certain functions and/or variables? For security reasons,
> this should be configured on the server side.

They can see that anyway with normal PHP code. Xdebug can not show more
than what you would be able to access through PHP code statements (think
eval f.e.). So no, there is currently no way to do this, and this is
also that I am not interested in added either. I'd be security by
obscurity anyway...

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug