[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug & alloc_globals symbol

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:32:21 +0100 (BST)

Hi!

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, Ziad Chaine wrote:

> I have tried to add the xdebug extension to my php (by adding the
> line 'zend_extension=xdebug.so')

You're aware that you need the full path to the .so, right?

> and I keep getting the following
> error:
>
> %php --ini
>
> xdebug.so: 'undefined symbol: alloc_globals'
>
> I have tried with php-5.3.3, php-5.3.5 and php-5.3.6
> I have tried with apache v2.2.11 and apache v2.2.15
>
> I have built the xdebug sources by following the README :
> %phpize
> %./configure --enable-xdebug
> %make
> %etc...
>
> My linux box config is:
> %cat /proc/version
> Linux version 2.6.16.13-4-default (geeko[@]buildhost) (gcc version 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)) #1 Wed May 3 04:53:23 UTC 2006
>

> I have spent numerous hours trying to figure out the problem, unsuccessfully.

What I *think* that happens, is that you're building against the wrong
PHP headers for some reason. phpize gives you some output, and depending
on version the other is different. Could you post your "phpize" output
for (preferable the latest) PHP 5.3?

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug