[xdebug-general] Another case of "Variables not showing up"

From: Thomas Robertz <thomas.robertz[@]googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:45:28 +0200

The Eclipse "Variables" view doesn't pick up any variables (It's
completely empty).
Clicking on "Find" from the "Variables" view brings up the Find Dialog
but the input is greyed out.
When I click on "Add Watch" for a variable, the variable with contents
does show up in the "Expressions" View.
(This is OK but a little cumbersome...)
When I hover over the variable with the mouse, the popup does show the
variable's value.

I've restarted eclipse and the machine, but that didn't help.

All settings are as described in my other post "Eclipse Helios & PHP
5.3.5" (4/13/211).
For the sake of clarity here is my settings in php.ini

zend_extension = "C:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug-2.1.1-5.3-vc6.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable=true
xdebug.remote_host=localhost
xdebug.remote_port=10000
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp

I also tried to play around with other settings, f.i.:

xdebug.dump_globals=On
xdebug.collect_params=4
xdebug.show_local_vars=1
xdebug.var_display_max_depth=4

But to no avail. I'Ve also read other posts

http://xdebug.org/archives/xdebug-general/1996.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2905227/eclipse-pdt-how-to-debug-the-session-get-post-variables

But my variables have not yet "magically reappeared" lol.
And here is an xdebug log on pastebin of debugging a "hello world" php file:
http://pastebin.com/CzBi7QY5

I hope you can help me.