[xdebug-general] How to Not Display Xdebug Array Size [0..x]

From: <pc.load.letter.wtfdtm[@]gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 14:18:25 -0600

I'm not sure if this is a Zend Studio or Xdebug question, but here it is:

With Zend Studio 6.1.2, PHP 5.2.8 and Xdebug 2.0.2, in Zend Studio an array
would appear as "Array[x]" and would you clicked "[+]" to expand the
contents of the array you would see the key value pairs.

With Zend Studio 7.2.1, PHP 5.3.3 and Xdebug 2.1.0 (VC6), when you expand an
array, you see another child "[0..x]" where 'x' is the size of the array.
You then have to expand "[0...x]" to see the array contents. This extra
level is pretty cumbersome when trying to view a large data structure with
nested arrays. It doubles the number of children you have to click through
and gets confusing when you have to drill down a bunch of levels.

I searched the Xdebug documentation for a setting that may be able to turn
the "[0...x]" functionality off but couldn't find anything. Does a setting
like this exist?

Thanks,
Steve