[xdebug-general] AW: AW: Missing variables while remote debugging

From: Nikolai Essel - MAXWORX GmbH <Nikolai.Essel[@]maxworx.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 19:03:37 +0100

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Derick Rethans [mailto:derick[@]xdebug.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. November 2010 18:31
An: Nikolai Essel - MAXWORX GmbH
Cc: xdebug-general[@]lists.xdebug.org
Betreff: Re: [xdebug-general] AW: Missing variables while remote debugging

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Nikolai Essel - MAXWORX GmbH wrote:

> I tried the code of http://xdebug.org/archives/xdebug-general/1913.html again with PHP 5.1.6 and XDebug 2.0.3.
> The result below was the expected one (private members of base class included).
>
> Why this behavior changed, or can this be configured anywhere?

This changed some time ago. I don't know what's the correct behaviour.
The private propreties from the base class can not really be accessed by the child class anyway. Why are you expecting them to be there?

(and, please, no top-posting of replies).

cheers,

Like Xdebug? Consider a donation: http://xdebug.org/donate.php Xdebug | http://xdebug.org | xdebug-general@lists.xdebug.org
twitter: @derickr and @xdebug
------------------------------
Hm... don´t know how I can bottom-posting correctly... trying it. Outlook/Exchange formats the history in another way.
I also don´t know which behavior is correct, but I expected it to be as in history.
I debugged a framework as said. The breakpoint was in a method of a deep child - therefore only 5 properties were privates of this class and 85 privates of parent classes.
A line which throws an exception looked like:
$this->doSomething($this->getCalculatedObject($property)->getPropertyOfObject());
The Exception was thrown, because the method of getCalculatedObject() returned null. I knew what the method do, but it depends on properties of the parent class - which I could not see in the variables view.
Now I know that the "Error" is only an visibility problem and I had to jump into the method to see the properties (and jump again into other methods until I know all my property values). It´s sad if this behavior is wanted but the debugger is still useable ;).
If the behavior will contain as is, I think the numchildren attribute should only represent the number of visible members, shouldn´t it?
MAXWORX GmbH | Brückenstraße 8-10 | 63628 Bad Soden-Salmünster | Germany
Amtsgericht Hanau | HRB 90677 | Geschäftsführer: Holger Göbel, Ralph Göbel
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.