[xdebug-general] Suspend+resume execution from debugger

From: Arne Steinarson <arne[@]icommerce.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 08:55:22 +0100

Hello,

We use XDebug in a large number of PHP framework installations that we adapt a lot.

One issue that comes back often is to be able to break execution inside a living PHP request (connected to debugger on port 9000), in order to see what is going on (and taking long time).

Ideally, we hit a "break" button and the effect is the same as hitting a breakpoint. We can then check the stack trace to see what is going on.

I haven't seen this possibility in debuggers with XDebug backend.

Is it possible? Difficult to implement? Is it on a roadmap?

Regards
// Aren S.

Arne Steinarson - Senior Developer
Email: arne[@]icommerce.se