[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug 2.1 on OSX MAMP 1.92

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:03:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010, Jack wrote:

> I downloaded xdebug 2.1 source an compiled per the instructions at http://www.xdebug.org/find-binary.php
>
> the xdebug.so file produced by the make process is 274K
> the xdebug.so file that came with MAMP is version 2.05 and its 1.3 mb
>
> Is it normal for my compiled one to be that much smaller or did something go wrong?

It's possible that it is smaller, as the MAMP supplied file could be a
multiple-arch file.

> phpinfo shows no xdebug installed when using the new xdebug.so file
> (from the 2.10 sources)

Did you turn on display_startup_errors to see if you then get
errors/warnings on the command line when you're running "php"? Are you
sure you pasted the correct phpinfo()? (The one actually matching the
PHP you're running?)

cheers,

twitter: @derickr and @xdebug