[xdebug-general] Re: Windows CLI Debugging with Netbeans

From: Ben Waine <ben[@]ben-waine.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:56:41 +0100

Hi Derick,

Thanks for your quick response.

I removed the last four configuration arguments from php.ini and also the
stray ';' (seems I was on autopilot when I added those!).

The xdebug remotes settings are now as below:

xdebug.remote_enable=On
xdebug.remote_host=localhost

I used the floowing command to set the environemtn variable:

set XDEBUG_CONFIG="idekey=netbeans-xdebug"

And then echoed out the result:

echo %XDEBUG_CONFIG%

output: "idekey=netbeans-xdebug"

I downloaded and used the 'simple client'. That connects as expected (giving
the XML specified in the documentation).

Given that Xdebug is making the connection to the simple client and I can
see that the correct session ID in the output XML I'm guessing that the
problem lies with either Netbeans or my configuration of Netbeans.

Do you concur?

Also, are there any netbeans users on the list that could share there CLI
debugging configs with me? It works fine when debugging sites, connections
issues occur only on the CLI.

Thanks,

Ben