[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug causing PHP to run very slowly

From: Benny Butler (RPM) <benny[@]oxpublishing.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 14:02:09 -0600

Wow Bill, thanks for the tip on strace. Never used it before...

Hung on
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(9000),
sin_addr=inet_addr("192.168.1.101")}, 16) = 0

192.168.1.101 is MY computer, which is ALMOST ALWAYS running an IDE set
up to take data from a debugger...
But it wasn't in this case. Started up my IDE and pages flow normally.

Maybe not how yall have this set up, but I'm using a linux server for my
test machine, and programming on a windows box.

Anyway, I just turned off remote_enable and I'll use the cookie method
to turn it on as needed.

Thanks!

Benny Butler
General Manager