[xdebug-general] Re: remote debugging - catching errors

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:30:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009, Michal Gajek wrote:

> in DBGp docs there is an "stderr" command, which however is not implemented
> in XDebug...

That's because PHP itself doesn't really have an error stream coming out
of the APIs.

> I know there is "exception" breakpoint type, but do I have to specify
> exception type? Is that possible to catch all exceptions?

Hmm, no, but that should be not be something very difficult to add.
Could you file a feature request please? Instead of just checking for
the name, I should also see whether it's an implemented interface or an
inherited class.

> I'd like my xdebug client which I'm working on to stop at each error
> and open the corresponding file/line in editor ... Is that possible
> somehow?

You can set breakpoints on "Notice", "Warning", "Strict standards",
"Catchable fatal error" and "Fatal error" if you want.

with kind regards,

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
twitter: @derickr and @xdebug