[xdebug-general] Unusually long execution times

From: André Hänsel <andre[@]webkr.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:58:46 +0200

Hi list,

I was profiling an uncommonly slow import script and found out that there
are two functions that took an unusual long time. I observed the same
phenomenon with a completely different import script (the one from Magento).

I built a test case and included a screenshot of the results as attachment
to this post.

How can it be that df_sqlval (a simple wrapper for addslashes) and is_bool
both take about 430 seconds (I think WinCacheGrind uses the decimal point
setting from my German Windows)? The whole script only used about 70 seconds
wall time and for {main} a cumulated time of only 6.3 seconds is given.

Regards,
André

loooong.jpg