[xdebug-general] Code coverage on forked process

From: Péter Nagy <antronin[@]gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:30:35 +0200

Hello,

I'm currently working on a PHP project which uses pcntl_fork() to
create child process(es) while the code is running. I'm using phpunit
to test the code which make use of Xdebug's great code coverage
feature. It seems that either phpunit or xdebug does not collect
coverage info for the created child process(es).
I would like to ask your opinion, as I think it should work already
out-of-the box as the parent process has the coverage report, so
xdebug and phpunit works fine. As pcntl_fork() creates "copy-on-write"
process clones I would assume that everything is already set up in the
child process, so where is the code coverage report gone?
Working env:
Ubuntu 9.04
PHP 5.2.8
Xdebug 2.0.4