[xdebug-general] Profiling a Joomla page -- huge mismatch between xdebug profiling information and actual performance

From: Emiliano Heyns <Emiliano.Heyns[@]iris-advies.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:07:43 +0200

Hi,

We're trying to find out why our pages are loading so slow (12-13 seconds),
so we've ran xdebug against it, which is showing that the page executes in
1.5 seconds. It's not a network delay, as we've loaded this page from the
console of the webserver itself, using lynx (so no javascript, css or images
causing the slowdown, either). The slowdown appears to be at the "tail" of
the request, since the timestamp for the request in the apache log and the
timestamp of the xdebug output file are the same. Does anyone have any idea
where else we might look?

Thanks,
Emile