[xdebug-general] Re: php+xdebug

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:40:04 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Tennis Smith wrote:

> Is there any way to set a breakpoint, and then enter php commands
> interactively?
>
> For example, if I am at a breakpoint, I would like to do things like:
> get_object_vars($someObj)
> -or-
> interface_exists('MyInterface')
>
> Put another way, what I'm describing is behavior like python allows by
> entering program logic while in the debugger.

The debugger protocol as it is implemented in Xdebug supports that
through the "eval" command: http://xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php#eval
However, it doesn't deal very well with commands that make PHP throw a
fatal error (yet).

Like Xdebug? Send a postcard: http://derickrethans.nl/xdebug_2_released.php
twitter: derickrethans