[xdebug-general] Re: sampling mode

From: Douglas Hubler <douglas.hubler[@]acquia.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:44:42 -0500

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Douglas Hubler wrote:
>> i heard folklore of a setting to enable sampling mode
> It only exists as a sampler for *all* requests

i might have misinterpreted my information, so if it's every request
what does it sample? This is the data that gets fed into something
like KCachegrind, right?

>> - If so, is it documented somewhere that i missed?
> It's not documented -- yet.

can you tell me how to use it then. what the setting name is,
it's legal values, and small description of what it does

>> Is this even a good idea?
> Yes, I think it is :-) If you want, please file a feature request at
> http://xdebug.org.

i would like to know a little more, but yes i will be happy to