[xdebug-general] "cannot open shared object file"

From: Michael Karl <info[@]mkarl.de>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 01:35:09 +0200

Hello,

I try to get Xdebug to work, but I don't manage it.

I've got Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/5.2.2-0.dotdeb.0 with
Suhosin-Patch.

I compiled Xdebug as described, copied xdebug.so to /root/test and
put the following line in my php.ini:

zend_extension='/root/test/xdebug.so'

(Thread Safety is disabled according to phpinfo())

When restarting Apache I get the following error message:
Failed loading '/root/test/xdebug.so': '/root/test/xdebug.so':

When I create a section [Zend] in my php.ini, and put the
zend_extension-line in this section, I don't get an error message
anymore, but Xdebug doesn't work (no entry in phpinfo(), var_dump()
isn't displayd in Xdebug style).

When I copy xdebug.so in my standard extension directory

zend_extension=xdebug.so

doesn't work too. But

extension=xdebug.so

works! I get an entry in phpinfo(), and var_dump() is displayd in
Xdebug style. But I get warnings, that Xdebug must be installed as
Zend-Extension.

Does anyone know where the problem is?

I just want to use Xdebug for remote debugging. Will this work when
installing Xdebug as normal extension?

Best Regards

Michael