[xdebug-general] Re: How to access the original var_dump()?

From: Thomas Forster <me[@]forestfactory.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:19:48 +0100

Mariusz Nowak schrieb:
> What about print_r() ? It is safe for recursive dependencies.
> At least this is what I'm using when I want clean output.

With print_r you cannot distinguish integer/float/numeric string
(including array keys) and false/null/empty string. I've worked a lot
with different types of dumps and the original var_dump is the only one
that really gives you all the information you need while still being
safe for recursive dependencies.

Thomas