[xdebug-general] How to access the original var_dump()?

From: Thomas Forster <me[@]forestfactory.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 04:16:40 +0100

Hi there

I'm writing a tool in PHP to get as many information about a variable as
I can get in a nice way. You my have a look at it at:
http://hli.forestfactory.de

Well, I have a problem if XDebug is running on this installation of PHP
as I use var_dump() internally to get values from private/protected
properties. I haven't found a way to parse the var_dump returned by XDebug.

My question is if there is any way to get access to the original
var_dump() return value? Or would it be possible to implement a function
to XDebug that returns this without modifications (e.g.
xdebug_original_var_dump())? This would allow to use both tool at the
same time with no limitations.

Thanks a lot

Thomas