[xdebug-general] Re: Xdebug Client Installation

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]derickrethans.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:05:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Ye Wang wrote:

> However, in the tarball file, debugclient/configure script doesn't have the
> execute permission turned on, so it might stall newbies when they try to
> install xdebug. So I wonder if you could fix that.

Actually, it seems to be a problem of the pear packaging tool that seems
to strip off the executing bits.

> Also I am not sure how important the libedit is? What do I miss if I
> don't configure it with libedit?

If you don't have it you can use the up and down arrows in the client to
go to the previous command that you issued.

Please write to the mailinglist in the future, I cc-ed it now.

Derick Rethans
http://derickrethans.nl | http://ez.no | http://xdebug.org