[xdebug-general] Re: Having problems loading xdebug in a browser

From: Kelly Te Huna [Black Sheep Creative] <kelly[@]blacksheepcreative.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:23:56 +1200

>> At the moment, I'm having problems getting xdebug to load in to the
>> browser. I'm currently using PHP 5.1.4 and XDebug 2.0.0 beta 5. I
>> was working correctly with PHP 5.1.2 so my assumption was that it
>> would work for 5.1.4 also. I initially wrote it off a simple
>> incompatibility problem and was about give up trying and wait for an
>> update on the xdebug site. However, on a whim I decided to check the
>> installed modules from the commandline, using "php -m" and to my
>> surprise XDebug was displayed twice in the list, as expected.
>> Running "php -v" even shows that XDebug is in fact installed and
>> working correctly.
>
> Hmm, do you have a page with phpinfo() online on the server
> where it doesn't work so I can have a look at that?

Unfortunately this installation is on our development machine which can't be
accessed from the outside, but we use xdebug for
error tracking and general debugging on our sites before we put them live.

I've put a copy of the phpinfo output and 2 screen dumps of the command line
output up for you on our live server.
I hope that helps.

phpinfo dump: http://www.blacksheepcreative.co.nz/phpinfo-dump.htm
command line dumps: http://www.blacksheepcreative.co.nz/phpinfo-dump2.htm

I just had a thought that it might be a permissions thing, but all the files
in that directory have the same permissions and they're
all various extensions for PHP.

Thanks again
Kelly