[xdebug-general] Re: property_get a large variable

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:35:49 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Chi Hung Fu wrote:

> I am using DBGp to debug my php code. Since one of the variable is very
> large, so I tried to use
> (cmd) feature_set -i <appid> -n max_depth -v 1
> hoping when I do property_get I would only retrieve the top level attributes
> of that property.
> But I always get the whole object(all the way down to the last nested
> level) instead of just the top level attributes.
> Is there a way I can specify to retrieve just the top level attributes of
> the property? And when I need dig further into the tree, I will just do
> property_get again, basically one level at a time.

Currently Xdebug's DBGp implementation does not support this yet, but
ofcourse I do need to implement this at some time. Unfortunately I do
not have a lot of spare time, but I think that will clear in the near
feature. If you file a bugreport at http://bugs.xdebug.org than you make
sure I am not forgetting about this.