[xdebug-general] Problems with xdebug.remote_handler ini directive

From: Uros Kolar <u.kolar[@]uni-mb.si>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:27:24 +0000

Hello,

|i have problems with the mentioned direction. I tested it on
xdebug_1.3.2 and xdebug_2.0_beta2. I am using PHP 4.3.11 on apache
1.3.33. OS is Linux 2.6.9/i686.

I'm debugging via browser, using the XDEBUG_SESSION_START=name parameter
in URL and the bundled client (debugclient). On xdebug 1, debugger is
working perfect. In xdebug 2, where i set the directive to "dbgp"
nothing happens at all, debugclient does not connect at all, it's just
waiting for connection.

That's the piece of my php.ini related to xdebug (the working one):
[xdebug]
zend_extension="/usr/local/xdebug/xdebug.so"
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host="localhost"
xdebug.remote_port=17869
xdebug.remote_handler="gdb"

Any suggestions how i can fix the problem? My goal in first place is to
be able to use xdebug 2, because of dbgp.

regards,
uros