[xdebug-general] Re: Incorrect code coverage reading from Xdebug 2.0.0 Beta 2

From: Nimish Pachapurkar <npac[@]spikesource.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:46:52 -0700

Hello Derick,

We are using Xdebug to get the coverage data for our open-source Code
Coverage reporting tool - Spike PHPCoverage. It has worked great so far.

However, I noticed the following issue recently.

I have following test file:

1. $a
2. += time();
3.
4. $b
5. += 2;

For this file, the coverage array returned by Xdebug (2.0.0 beta2) on
Linux Fedora Core 3 with PHP 5.0.3, shows following information.

array (
     [2] => 1,
     [4] => 1,
)

This shows that lines 2 and 4 are executable and covered. This is kind
of strange. What is the difference between line 1 and line 4, really?
Why is one of them covered and the other is not?

The same question goes for line 2 and 5. I think both should be reported
as 1 (covered).

Is this a known issue? A peculiarity? Or is there an explanation for this?

Thanks,
Nimish