[xdebug-general] Re: xdebug and php5

From: Derick Rethans <derick[@]xdebug.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:51:24 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Christian Jul Jensen wrote:

> I'm running php 5.0.1 on apache debian sid.
>
> I've installed xdebug 1.3.2 from pear with succes, everything seems to
> work fine, except there's no info.

Please get 2.0.0beta1, this is much more useful.

> Apache connects to the debugclient but I cant get any info, only run the
> script.
>
> Profiling only contains one lie saying: "End of function profiler".

I can not help you with this if you don't provide more information,
really. Especially about which debugclient you use, how you configured
things. etc.

> I read somewhere that I need version 2 to use xdebug with php 5, is this
> correct? Or is there some kind of configuration that I should do?

You can use 1.3.2 with PHP 5, but 2.0.0 has so much more and better
features that you really want to use this.

> I also tried getting the source for version 2.0.0beta1, and it compiled
> without problem, but php does recognize the module.

Please provide more information, for example the error message.