[xdebug-general] (Hopefully) a simple question about installing Xdebug on Linux - "make" syntax

From: Tama Easton <teaston[@]vorb.org.nz>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:47:59 +1200

Hi there

Hopefully I've sent this e-mail to the right address. I am in the
process of installing Derick Rethans xdebug module on my Linux server.

Unfortunately I'm am very un-experienced with the "make" command (and
Linux in general) and having followed the following steps without any
problems:

1. Unpack the tarball: tar -xzf xdebug-1.x.x.tgz. Note that you do
not need to unpack the tarball inside the PHP source code tree.
Xdebug is compiled separately, all by itself, as stated above.
2. cd xdebug-1.x.x
3. Run phpize: phpize
   (or /path/to/phpize if phpize is not in your path).
4. ./configure --enable-xdebug (or: ../configure --enable-xdebug
   --with-php-config=/path/to/php-config if php-config is not in your
   path)

I completely have hit a brick wall with this instruction:
5. Compile the module with "make"

I've had a search around the internet for a description of using "make"
that doesn't confuse me, and so far they've all made my eyeballs bleed.
I also looked at "info make" on my server - but again found this far too
confusing.

Hopefully there's a simple answer to this:

What command do I need to enter to "make" my xdebug module.

Thank you in advance
Tama Easton