[xdebug-dev] Re: New proposed change for breakpoint_resolved xdebug protocol

From: Jeffrey Tan <jeffreytan[@]fb.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 04:47:12 +0000

This is a good point. I guess we did not record that info in our data structure, but I should be able to build it. Thanks.

On 7/19/16, 2:34 AM, "xdebug-dev-bounce[@]lists.xdebug.org on behalf of Derick Rethans" <xdebug-dev-bounce[@]lists.xdebug.org on behalf of derick[@]derickrethans.nl> wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016, Jeffrey Tan wrote:

> While working on the new breakpoint binding experience for php/hhvm
> debugging using the new added breakpoint_resolved notification I found
> some issues during multiple requests scenario: the notification does
> not have any field to indicate which request/connection it is from.
>
> Why this matter? Hhvm implements each http request as a separate
> thread in hhvm process and each request will have its own xdebug
> connection with debugger client(IDE).

<snip>

> However, since there is no connection id in the breakpoint_resolved
> notification we have no way to find out which IDE breakpoint it is
> associated.

Don't you know which connection it came in to? You must have read it
from the socket. As you have read the notification from the socket, you
should be able to find that out?

cheers,
Derick