[xdebug-dev] Bug 0000353: No Thread Safe Binary for Windows!

From: <noreply[@]lists.xdebug.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:04:13 +0100

The following NEW bug has been ADDED.
http://bugs.xdebug.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000353
Reporter: peterski
Handler:
Project: Xdebug
Bug ID: 353
Category: Debug client (console)
Reproducibility: always
Severity: major
Date Submitted: 2008-02-19 18:04 CET
Last Modified: 2008-02-19 18:04 CET
I have been trying to get xdebug to work for 4 days!
The trouble is that all the pre-compiled PHP/Apache engine's I'm using
(XAMPP, WAMP & ZEND CORE) all use pre-compiled PHP binaries without Thread
Safety!

The pre-compiled windows php_xdebug.dll from the site are compiled with
Thread Safety - meaning they cannot work.

I've had limited luck on my Linux server and the pre-compiled liunx
xdebug.so file which is compiled of course for *nix and therefore, Thread
Safety is off!

This version, however, always displays debug information - even when I
don't send the ?XDEBUG_START=<keyid> string in the browser.

Compiling xdebug using pear "pecl install xdebug" fails on BOTH Windows
and Linux with various pear errors.

Can someone please release a Windows dll with Thread Safety turned off and
post on website.

Thanks and Regards,

Peter Barganski

Bug History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-02-19 18:04peterski New Bug
2008-02-19 18:04peterski Bug Monitored: peterski