[xdebug-dev] Bug 0000332: xdebug interfear with php parsing in Firefox

From: <noreply[@]lists.xdebug.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:39:11 +0100

The following bug has been RESOLVED.
http://bugs.xdebug.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000332
Reporter: yettyn
Handler: derick
Project: Xdebug
Bug ID: 332
Category: Usage problems
Reproducibility: random
Severity: minor
Date Submitted: 2007-11-02 13:01 CET
Last Modified: 2007-11-11 17:39 CET
I am not sure this is a xdebug bug, I am just sure it starts to happen
after installing xdebug. What happens is that randomly (it seem), when
clicking a link on server where xdebug is installed, instead of parsing
the file I get a dialog asking which program to use to open the .php
file.

This seem to happens randomly. If I cancel the dialog and click the link
again it sometimes parse ok and sometime the dialog comes back one or more
times before it parse ok.

I first noticed this on a LAN server where I installed xdebug to debug a
site. Same site code also run on a live online server with no such
problems. However, emediately after installing xdebug there as well same
behaviour started to appear on the live server. This made me conclude it
must be related to xdebug.

Nothing is registered in the log file, obviously as the Firefox for some
reason doesn't go to the server to parse. This though sounds a bit
un-logical to me as if it doesn't go to the server... well maybe it does
but doesn'tget the right answer...? I have also tested to access with IE7
and so far have seen no such problems, I really prefere using Firefox
though. Also to point, this also happens with the latest Firefox 2.0.0.9
just released.

 yettyn - 2007-11-02 13:40 CET
Actually, after now using IE7 a bit I notice a "similar" behavior. It
doesn't popup a dialog, instead it simply say the page couldn't be
accessed and I simply have to refresh one or more times to get to it.

However, sometimes I get strange errors accessing files I know is
available. I guess it's xdebug that displays the nice grids with error
info ;-) as they have never shown before I installed it. It typically
starts with an "...failed to open stream: Resource temporarily unavailable
in /var/www/..." error, here's an example, it might not format well but
hopefully is readable:

( ! ) Warning: include_once(/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/util)
[function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Resource temporarily
unavailable in /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/kernel_lib.php on
line 17
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0008 71368 {main}( ) ../index.php:0
2 0.0010 74556 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/bit_setup_inc.php' ) ../index.php:12
3 0.0027 155632 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/setup_inc.php' )
../bit_setup_inc.php:8
4 0.0089 347168 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/kernel_lib.php' )
../setup_inc.php:16
Dump $_SERVER
Dump $_GET
Dump $_POST
Dump $_COOKIE
Dump $_FILES
Dump $_ENV
Dump $_SESSION
Dump $_REQUEST

( ! ) Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/util' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in
/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/kernel_lib.php on line 17
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0008 71368 {main}( ) ../index.php:0
2 0.0010 74556 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/bit_setup_inc.php' ) ../index.php:12
3 0.0027 155632 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/setup_inc.php' )
../bit_setup_inc.php:8
4 0.0089 347168 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/kernel_lib.php' )
../setup_inc.php:16

( ! ) Warning: require_once(/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/util)
[function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Resource temporarily
unavailable in /var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/BitDbAdodb.php on
line 35
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0008 71368 {main}( ) ../index.php:0
2 0.0010 74556 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/bit_setup_inc.php' ) ../index.php:12
3 0.0027 155632 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/setup_inc.php' )
../bit_setup_inc.php:8
4 0.0141 487172 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/BitDbAdodb.php' )
../setup_inc.php:49

( ! ) Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening
required '/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/util'
(include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in
/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/BitDbAdodb.php on line 35
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0008 71368 {main}( ) ../index.php:0
2 0.0010 74556 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/bit_setup_inc.php' ) ../index.php:12
3 0.0027 155632 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/setup_inc.php' )
../bit_setup_inc.php:8
4 0.0141 487172 require_once(
'/var/www/www.astrocalc.com/htdocs/kernel/BitDbAdodb.php' )
../setup_inc.php:49

 yettyn - 2007-11-02 13:42 CET
forgot to say that a refresh of the page makes the error go away and parse
the page instead.

 derick - 2007-11-11 17:39 CET
Xdebug indeed shows you the nice infos, but the error messages are still
coming from PHP itself. As Xdebug runs on the server inside PHP, the
browser can definitely not have any influence on this. This is not an
Xdebug issue, I think something else is going on for you. Please do
upgrade to the latest Xdebug though, which has now been released as 2.0.2.

Bug History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2007-11-02 13:01yettyn New Bug
2007-11-02 13:01yettyn Bug Monitored: yettyn
2007-11-02 13:40yettyn Bugnote Added: 0000797
2007-11-02 13:42yettyn Bugnote Added: 0000798
2007-11-11 17:39derick Bugnote Added: 0000803
2007-11-11 17:39derick Assigned To => derick
2007-11-11 17:39derick Resolution open => not a bug
2007-11-11 17:39derick Status new => resolved