[xdebug-dev] Re: Bug 0000103: crashes when eval global variable

From: Seung Woo Shin <segv74[@]gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:36:03 +0900

i'm sorry. i'm korean and my english is really sucks. :-)

I retested now, and it has same problem with HEAD version.

in your xdebug_var.c code,

 it dosen't check if parent_name == NULL,
so, when I evaluted global variable, It crashed. beacuse global variable has
NULL on parent_name.
may be it's not because global, but because it dosen't inherited class?

anyway, I used dbgp protocol with remote debugging,
when I evaluted "$P" on that code with feature of eval of dbgp.
It crashed at xdebug_var.c:445
and parent_name was NULL.

RCS file: /repository/xdebug/xdebug_var.c,v
retrieving revision 1.54
diff -r1.54 xdebug_var.c
445,449c445,454
< if (parent_name[0] != '$') {
< full_name = xdebug_sprintf("$%s->%s", parent_name, prop_name);
< } else {
< full_name = xdebug_sprintf("%s->%s", parent_name, prop_name);
< }